Thursday, October 7, 2010

Duff

As many of you know I am huge golf fan. Last week I did my best to watch the Ryder Cup. The outcome of the Ryder Cup was not what I wanted, the European team won by one point. And that one point came down to the last match on the last day. I could be wrong, but the one thing this year's Cup will be remembered for is Hunter Mahan's duff on the 17th hole.

The thing that really intrigues me is that Mahan asked team Captain Corey Pavin for that last spot. Mahan wanted to be the man that had to perform at the last match. He wanted all the pressure that came with that last spot. Usually the team Captain picks where each player will play.

I wish there were more Hunter Mahan's in the Church. People who are not scared to take a leap of faith. People that are not worried about losing or failing. So many Christians today sit back in their pew and just watch the world go by. Many of us wait until we are told to go do something. I think we sit and wait because we're scared that we will fail or might make a mistake. And honestly, those concerns are valid. But I believe a true Disciple of Jesus will not wait to be told to go do something. Listen to these Scriptures:

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." Isaiah 6:8

"Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest." John 4:35

"If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you." John 13:14-15

What are you waiting on? Go!

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment