Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sleepy

"Made a decision to turn our life and will over to the care of God as we understand God." Step 3 of AA

This has been a long exhausting week. Several days this past week and half were 19-20 hour days. I'm tired! I'm sure several of you understand where I am coming from. Looking back on this time I noticed something about myself. It wasn't the long days that made me tired. The reason why I am tired is I tried to do most if not all the work myself. If your like me, when you get in to some hectic stuff you want to do it yourself. What I failed to do was give it to God.

My challenge to you is simply this: Instead of being sleepy, give it to Jesus.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Jesus

May the Lord and bless you and keep you.

2 comments:

  1. as usual great thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dustin, a good book to add to your list is BEYOND BELIEF by Josh Hamilton. Could not put it down. Story of baseball success, the fall into addiction, redemption and recovery. He gave it all to God.

    Cathy Sewell

    ReplyDelete