Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stoned.

The disciples said to him, "Rabbi, the Jews were just now seeking to stone you, and are you going there again?" John 11:8

Excuses. We make them all the time. Have you ever thought about all the excuses that you make? Sometimes we work harder at making excuses on why we cannot do something than just doing what needs to be done.

As followers of Jesus we are commissioned to go tell people about the saving Grace of Jesus. But so often we come up with reasons why we can't. Think about it. See if some of these sound familiar: "I'm too busy." "I don't know enough." "That place is dangerous." And the list can go on and on.

My point is simple. In the above passage we have the Disciples trying to convince Jesus that He shouldn't go help His friend Lazarus. The reason for them saying this is that the Jews wanted to kill Jesus. What blows me away about this is that Jesus was not even worried about being stoned to death. He knew that someone needed His help and He was not going to allow people to get in His way from helping. I know a lot of times we allow people to get in our way of helping. The irony in this story is that it was the "Church" people that were trying to convince Jesus not to go.

There are so many people that need to know Jesus. we can no longer allow ourself to make excuses or allow people to keep us from doing what we're commissioned to do. If Jesus wasen't worried about being "stoned" than we shouldn't be either.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah..That humbling to hear.

    Jesus spoke of leaving the 99 sheep to go find the one. Often we get too concerned with the affairs of the "barn" to make a difference in the lives of the lost sheep. I am delighted to say that this is changing.
    Blessings,
    Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was powerful! When I saw "Stoned" I was expecting a confession of drug use. Man, was I pleasently surprised. As one who has recently had verbal stones thrown in his direction, my mantra is currently, "If God is for me, who can be against me?" Can't wait to meet you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete