Thursday, July 14, 2011

Locked Out.

"Why does your heart carry you away?" Job 15:12

As I walked out the door and heard it shut behind me, I knew what happened. I left my keys in the house. So I turned around to check to see if the door was locked and it was. I went to the back door; and it was locked also. All the windows, you guessed it, they were all locked too. So there I was sitting in the hot Texas Summer locked out of my house, no way to get in. No matter what I tried to do, I couldn't get in. I was locked out.

"Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life." Proverbs 4:23

As I wrote about in my last post, I was nothing but a hypocrite. I was just like the Pharisees of Jesus' day. I was Christian on the outside but sinner on the inside.

I recognized the place I had to clean was my heart. I realized that I locked Jesus out of my heart just like I locked myself out of my house. No matter how hard Jesus tried to get in, I would not let Him. I shut Jesus completely out of my life.

Solomon warns us if we want to stay alive we must guard our hearts. Now I was alive physically but spiritually I was deader than all get out. Spiritually I was ten toes up.

Why is it so important to guard your heart? Solomon tells us it's where we get our life. Life flows out of heart. For sake of space go read Mark 7:14-23.

When your heart is not saturated with Jesus you're a dead man walking. What do we need to guard our hearts from? As I looked at my heart and what it was full of I noticed several of Satan's most powerful heart blockers had penetrated my heart.

My next few post I will talk about the things I found in my heart.

My question for you is this:
1. What is flowing from your heart?

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reminded that God is able to penetrate our hearts when no one else is able, and on His own time. Sometimes our hearts become so hardened that we can here nothing else around us with a voice of reason. It's only when we allow these vessels to be saturated with God and His Word that we truly open ourselves to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate getting locked out of my house, office, car, etc.

    Dustin, The Naked Gospel and God Without Religion, both by Andrew Farley, does a great job explaining how we find ourselves like that spiritually. He really challenges the idea of a Christian still being a sinner on the inside. He takes a lot of time addressing why Christians find themselves still sinning. Really, really good and liberating material.

    Godspeed!

    James

    ReplyDelete